- This event has passed.
Body, Face and Things Magical
May 14 @ 09:00 - 17:00 CEST
Kursen förutsätter generella förkunskaper. Om det blir internationella deltagare kommer workshopen presenteras på Engelska.
Required prerequisite knowledge: General knowledge about conjuring.
Body, Face and Things Magical will be valuable for you if you are a performing magician or a cirkus/performance artist using pieces of magic or principles of magic in your act. Some basic foreknowledge will be helpful, but most important will be your passion and willingness to learn.
- How to use your body, your face and your props on stage
- How to use this way of thinking to maximize the experience of magic for your spectators
- How to integrate these principles in your own performance by rehearsal and practice.
- How to use knowledge of these topics when you innovate new effects
You will meet prize-winning and internationally acclaimed Swedish magician Axel Adlercreutz, and well experienced learning coach Peter Rosengren, who both will guide you through an intense one-day learning session grounded in Axel Adlercreutz stage and performance practice.
At least three participants will have the opportunity to get feedback on effects they are working on. Please state that you want feedback in your application to the workshop. The feedback will take place in open space with the whole group, so it will be a genuine learning experience for all.
Tuesday May 14, 2019
- 09:00 – 09:30 – Introduction.
- 09:30 – 10:30 – Physical expression: Clown.
- 10:30 – 12:00 – Physical expression: Mime.
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch break (meal is not included).
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Things: Object manipulation.
- 14:00 – 15:00 – Things: Puppetry.
- 15:00 – 16:30 – Feedback sessions.
- 16:30 – 17:00 – Reflections.
Be sure to wear comfortable clothes since some of the training is quite physical.
May can be hot, so a water bottle might be handy.
Bring a pen and a notepad – you will learn things that you want to write down.
If you want to film or photograph the work you will be doing yourself, bring a device for that.
The workshop will be held at Karavan, Bokgatan 18, Malmö.
The workshop is limited to 16 participants and the spots tend to go fast.
If you cancel before May 6, you will get the full amount reimbursed.
If you cancel before May 10, you will get the half the amount reimbursed.
Cancellation on May 10 or later, no reimbursement.
990 SEK. (About 93 Euros)
You will be contacted regarding payment after registration.