- This event has passed.
Misdirection & Creativity
October 22, 2018 @ 13:00 - 18:00 CEST
This is a one-day (5 hours) hands-on workshop in misdirection and creativity. There will be exercises in misdirection, dramatic and deceptive structure. We will examine magic theories, apply them and discuss them in the context of performances.
The course is suitable for those with moderate experience as well as experts. We will work hard for five hours and you’ll find it both challenging and rewarding.
- What is the effect?.
- John Ramsay and the science of how the eye work.
- Crossing the Gaze.
- “Putting it all together”. Group exercise.
- One step ahead/One step behind. Group exercise.
Learning objective: On completion of the workshop, the student should:
- Be able to practice and apply misdirection, dramatic techniques and non-linear methods.
- Be able to confidently work with the brainstorming process in relation to any given theme.
- Be more interested in discussing, researching and experimenting with colleagues in magic.
The workshop is led by Tom Stone, who is the author of several technical books on conjuring arts, as well as a performer, consultant, speaker, creator and teacher of the subject. He was awarded the 2015 Creative Fellowship by the Academy of Magical Arts.