What in the course is important to keep, and what is important to change?
Det jag saknade var bra lokaler att öva i och verktyg att bygga rekvisita med.
I find it important to keep:
Most of all, that it keeps being a sort of laboratory to develop magic. Both the discourse, so we can have a terminology to discuss magic and it’s principles; and in the creations.
– the exchanges/inspirations with other art forms
– the short sessions of group work.
– the own creations the lectures about magic techniques, principles, concepts, methods and ways of thinking
– as well as the philosophy of magic, it’s ontology and what it can bring to an audience, the world of art (and entertainment) as well it’s (not yet investigated) potentiels.
– the discussions and investigations the teachers and the group do together.
What I would like more of:
– more movement sessions.
– more exchanges with other art forms
– more lectures/inputs. I found I missed this a bit. On Magi 2 we had more own time compared to 1 Magi.
– I felt on the first day we were to come up with what we wanted to work on the whole period – so I felt a bit like I had go with the first idea that came to mind. I would have liked more time for brainstorming and more inspiration from the course before making this choice. Alternatively, I would have liked at least to have been informed about this beforehand – so I could have thought about it already from home, before the course started.
I don’t know if the course will continue and/or develop. But I would like to express my gratitude and my pride about having been part of this group. If not for myself, then for the good of the development
of magic, I sincerely hope it will continue in some form or another.
One of the best days was when Tim Star visited us. All that practical knowledge, what material to use and how it works and all of that. I could easily have spent a lot more time with him. The fallacy lessons were fun but a bit repetitive after a while, and I would have liked to see more examples maybe from youtube where you see them actually work.
I think the course was very good and has no suggestions for changes in content. It might have been an idea that after our Skype lectures discussed the content of that lecture a little more. We all pick up different pieces of information.
It’s a good mix between group work and individuell work.
The group task after the lectures where we going to do something on the theme for the others was excellent.
The building room was excellent.
Trying to make the course longer
I would like to have more time to work in Groups.
I would like to suggest that each morning started with a “priming routine” with meditation and calming exercises that helps the students get in a good mood and build up energy which is very much needed during the day.